Health & Human Services
Which pathways are offered?
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)—This pathway prepares students to work under the supervision of licensed health care professionals to perform direct basic nursing care in medical settings such as hospitals, nursing homes, and clinics.
- Pharmacy Technician—This pathway prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in providing health care and medications to patients in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Advanced Practical Nurse
- Certified Nurse Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Nursing Assistant—$28,530/year
- Medical Assistant—$33,610/year
- Pharmacy Technician—$32,700/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Nursing Assistant Certification —NAC
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE)