Which pathways are offered?
- Marketing Communications—This pathway prepares students to lead and manage others, improve processes and policies, and manage a range of personnel issues and concerns while focusing on the bottom line.
- Hospitality: Food and Beverage—This pathway prepares students to perform a variety of tasks to maintain operations and promote guest services in eating and drinking establishments.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Account Executive
- Art/Graphics Director
- Customer Service Representative
- Interactive Media Specialist
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Pastry Chef
- Wine Steward
- Line Cook
- Food Services Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Promotions Manager—$132,620/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
- Line Cook—$25,200/year
- Food Services Manager—$54,240/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
Which industry-recognized certification exams can my student prepare for?
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Advertising and Design Exam
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam
- The NOCTI Restaurant, Food, and Beverage Services (Pathways Exam)
- The NOCTI Restaurant, Food, and Beverage Services (Job Ready Exam)
- ServSafe® Food Handler
- Microsoft Office Certifications (Excel, Word)