Destinations Career Academy
Coming This Fall!
Beginning in the 2020–2021 school year, your 9th–12th grader can prepare for college and career with the Destinations Career Academy at Insight School of Kansas (ISKS).
What is Destinations?
The Destinations Career Academy at ISKS is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines traditional high school academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in high-demand fields. Kansas-licensed teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students can participate in career-oriented clubs, gain workplace skills, and prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following career fields:
- Business: Careers in finance, marketing, and planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business.
- Health and Human Services: Careers in planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, and support services. Learn more about Health and Human Services.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
*Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be prepared for certification testing.
Destinations students can join the SkillsUSA chapter at ISKS. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered by ISKS course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA