Diploma and Graduation FAQs

Can I transfer credits in from a home school portfolio? From standardized exams?

Students can be in grade 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12 when they enroll. Generally speaking, students can apply public school credits or earned credits for homeschool work toward their graduation requirements at Insight School of Kansas. Students who enroll with a transcript or a home school portfolio will speak with an Insight School of Kansas Admissions Advisor who will evaluate satisfactory completion of the documented work as it relates to Insight School of Kansas standards.

Who issues the diploma?

Graduating students will be issued a diploma from Insight School of Kansas.

Can my child apply to college after graduating from Insight School of Kansas?

Absolutely. When your son or daughter graduates from Insight School of Kansas, he or she will have a valid diploma received from a state-approved public school. With that diploma come all the records that are required for the college application process: valid transcripts, public school SAT/ACT scores, teacher recommendations, school extracurricular activities, a student portfolio, and culminating project.

Colleges and universities over the past several years have begun to appreciate that independent study programs such as Insight School of Kansas often do a better job of preparing students for college because of important time management and individual responsibility skills they impart. Colleges are finding students from programs such as Insight School of Kansas make the transition into college more readily than many of their counterparts.